The undisputed super middleweight champion chronicled the left wrist medical procedure he said he wanted quickly following his consistent choice win against Gennadiy Golovkin in September by posting film Tuesday on his Instagram page of a wrap being eliminated from his hand and fastens on top of his wrist.
The 32-year-old Alvarez (58-2-2, 39 KOs) likewise shared separate film of himself wearing a defensive support on his left hand.
On October 12, Alvarez again recognized that medical procedure was required for his wrist and that it would happen in the US.
“September conceivably [is when I return). We’ll see what’s ideal,” Alvares said at that point.
In the wake of beating Golovkin in his set of three battle and conceding that his left wrist hurt “genuinely terrible” all through the session, Alvarez clarified that he would zero in on his wellbeing rather than his next success.
“I will take as much time as necessary,” Alvarez said in his post-battle question and answer session at that point. “My body needs [rest]. You know, last year I battled multiple times in 11 months. In this way, that is the reason. Yet, I want to take as much time as necessary a smidgen. Perhaps May, September [I’ll return], I don’t have the foggiest idea. Yet, take as much time as necessary.
“I had these issues since the Caleb Plant battle [in November 2021]. Along these lines, [I said], ‘Ah, it’s alright. It’s alright. Let it [go]. Let it [go].’ And afterward preparing began, and it’s an issue, issue, issue. What’s more, I want a medical procedure.”
Alvarez will have a lot of rivals to consider once he’s beneficial to continue preparing for his next battle.
The 168-pound lord has kept up with his place that he looks for a rematch with WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol after the Russian beat Alvarez in a consistent choice in May.
Bivol will be battling Saturday against Alvarez’s Mexican compatriot Gilberto Ramirez.