Heavyweight Oscar Rivas has been out of the ring for almost a year, however not out independently, as per the fighter.
Rivas, the Montreal-based Colombian who holds the WBC “Bridgerweight” title, has not battled since October of last year, when he crushed Ryan Rozicki by consistent choice. Things, be that as it may, went haywire from that point.
In an interview conducted by Le Journal de Montreal with Rivas, his promoter Yvon Michel, and his manager Stéphane Lépine, it was revealed that Rivas believes he was the subject of promotional fraud.
The issue obviously comes from a plan Rivas, 35, made with a specific Colombian advertiser named Juan Carlos Moreno. Rivas, as per Michel, went into a concurrence with Moreno to battle Lukasz Rozanski of Poland in Rivas’ country of Colombia. Rivas, who turned into the debut hero of the supposed Bridgerweight division, a weight class (200-224lbs) that was made by the WBC endorsing body in 2020 to help more modest heavyweights, had consistently longed for battling in Colombia.
It seemed he would at long last get his opportunity.
A battle date was booked for Aug. 13 at Guerrero Arena in Cali, Colombia, for a card that would likewise highlight Colombia locals and previous heroes Cecilia Braekhus and Eleider Alvarez. Yet, the occasion never occurred because of what Michel at the time called “strategic issues” that emerged with his Colombian accomplice. That seems to have been a beneficent depiction.
As indicated by Michel, Moreno, the Colombian advertiser and Michel’s “accomplice”, kept on slowing down, set pointless expectations, and break guarantees. Eventually, Michel said there could have been no other choice except for to head out in different directions from Moreno. One significant issue, Michel said, was that Moreno had not paid the WBC, which was authorizing the battle, a compulsory store.
“Following a little while, it was our comprehension that a store had not been made to the WBC,” Michel said. “We were a month from the battle.”
“Moreno is a fraudster and controller,” Michel added.
Michel said Moreno endeavored to organize the battle with the speculation from a “baffling” in any case above-board “multi-mogul” money manager for November however those endeavors wound up no place. Eventually, Rivas and Co. said they believed nothing more should do with Moreno.
Michel, who made a trip to Colombia with Rivas for the underlying question and answer session, said he has not been repaid by Moreno for costs that number during the huge number of dollars. Michel said Rivas had even met with neighborhood media and lawmakers during the underlying development. However, Rivas said and still, at the end of the day he felt unsettled about the procedures.
“I felt something was off-base when we went around there,” Rivas said. “It was bizarre at the inn. It was modest and we had no transportation, which we wanted.”
Rivas will fight soon, however. Le Journal has reported that Rivas will face Rozanski on Feb. 25, in Rzeszow, Poland. His hopes of fighting in Colombia, however, will have to wait.
Rivas (28-1, 19 KOs) represented Colombia in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.